Monday, February 2, 2009

My Experience

I have a long and very varied work experience. I have worked on a movie set, at an advertising agency, in desktop publishing, in the corporate world in various positions, as a manager, a trainer, at a TV business channel, as a temp, as a waitress, in fast food...

I also have a liberal arts and pre-law education as well continuing education in publishing, acting, information technology, writing...

I'm sure I missed a few things. Overall, whatever position I was in (even fast food/waitressing), my organizational & communication skills were the most used but I always tried to use my creative skills - whether it was writing newsletters, finding new & more efficient way of doing things, or in documents I had to create.

I'm following 2 career paths for now - one in voice acting and one in film producing. As a voice over artist, my communication skills and my knowledge on all sorts of subjects will be the most useful. I let my brain go soft in the last few years at a corporate job I did not enjoy and I need to re-sharpen my brain so that I can once again remember names, faces and dates - another very important skill to have, esp. as a producer. It's true that if you don't use it, you lose it!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the positive comments. Producing sounds good, I hope you can do it. I'm sure having a good voice will be an asset when working your way up the ladder. I hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete