Monday, February 2, 2009

Entry Level Jobs

There are not a lot of jobs for entry level producers. If I was going to follow a path to become a film producer, I could either become a production assistant, makes contacts and work my way around and up or I could become an assistant to a producer to really learn what a producer does. Since I already have experience as an executive assistant, I think I am going to try to follow that path. It'll pay a lot better, too!

Requirements for such a job would be: organized, detail-oriented, ability to maintain confidentiality, typing, MS Office skills, and ability to deal with people at high levels of the organization.

If I were to follow the other path as a PA, I would need to be organized, detail-oriented, ability to deal with all types of people (but be more of a people person), and be willing to do the most menial task. Or I could start producing no/lo budget films for other new filmmakers for no money and hope to make contacts.

Any of these positions require that I know about the film industry, who's who, and be able to network endlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment