Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Technology In My Field

I'm not sure what my field is yet but the two I'm leaning towards right now are film producing and voice overs.

For voice over work, technology is being used to look for work. There are online casting agencies where you post your demo reel so you need to know how to use the internet and upload audio files. Once you get a job, you need access to audio equipment so you can record, and sometimes even produce, the job. Voices.com asks you to list what equipment you have access to, including microphone types, recording software, etc. So not only is equipment and software required but knowledge in using it.

For producing, I'm not sure what technology would be required. You definitely need to be organized, know what's out there in case it's needed, be able to network and make contacts, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment