Monday, January 26, 2009

Job Postings

Looking for a job in the TV/film industry is pretty depressing. If you want to get paid, you need a lot of experience. Otherwise, you're lucky if you can get work for even peanuts. But if I had the experience, and I knew exactly which field I wanted to get into, I'd look at the following types of jobs I found on Mandy.com:
1. Editor - Assuming a job like this gives me the flexibility in work hours & location, this would be a good job for me as I have young kids. While I think I might like editing, my experience so far has made it seem it might be too tedious for my personality.
2. Production Coordinator - If I decided to go into producing, I think this might be good starting place. I like solving problems, figuring out efficient ways to do things, and doing lots of different things and I think this type of job would allow me to use these skills.
3. Graphics - I'd need a lot more education & experience for this but again, this type of job would allow me flexibility.
4. Assistant - Most of my work experience has been administrative assistant to executives. I was very good at it though it wasn't very challenging. Maybe knowing that I'm part of something creative and big would be enough if other job types didn't work out.
5. Voice over - There were no jobs on mandy for this but there are other sites for this. This type of job would satisfy my desire for acting without having showing myself, creativity, differenty types of work, and offer flexibility.

I found Mandy.com to be easy to navigate. However, it didn't offer the option to choose more than one option (multiple locations, or multiple types of jobs, etc.)

I really hope this class will help me narrow down what I want and can realistically do!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Vibha,

    It looks like your very well organized and a potential business colleague! Please follow my blog, Charlotte. I would be interested in hearing your comments.

    ReplyDelete